Saturday, February 28, 2015

Monkeying Around


 The ladies over at Nail Crazies Unite on Facebook are having weekly challenges. For the month of February, these are our challenges:
 

This week's challenge was "Fruit." Immediately I thought to try something new and different, so bananas came to mind. That also made me think that I should try creating a monkey nail art. Here's what I came up with :)

 
I started with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Yellow Kitty on all nails except my accent nail. The accent nail has Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Commander in Chic with Il etait un vernis Drop Dead Gorgeous over it.
 
I then created a stamping decal for the bananas using Cheeky Jumbo Plate 7 Home Sweet Home stamped with Funky Fingers Black Knight.
 
The Monkey thumb accent was drawn with Bic Mark It Fine Point Permanent Marker in Woodsy Brown and then I used the Sally Hansen to create the details along with white polish and the Tuxedo Black Bic marker for the eyes and nostrils.
 
 
 
Isn't that monkey cute?? I love how this turned out. Have you ever done animal inspired nail art?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment