Friday, September 9, 2011

ZigZag Gradient Manicure and Eye Look


This manicure was really fun to do! I think it turned out pretty well (ignore the non-cleanup on the cuticles going on there!).

The first thing I did was paint my fingernails all over with a base color (Funky Fingers Southhampton Seafoam). This was the lightest blue, almost a sea foam green, that I used.
I then painted about 3/4 of my nail with the next color, the next darkest blue that I had. (I do not remember what that was that I used, perhaps a Finger Paints)
Next, I painted half of my nail the darkest blue that I had, Sinful Colors Midnight Blue.
I then took my Konad White stamping polish and used the zigzag pattern from Konad plate M78.
The last thing I did was put Funky Fingers Black Knight on the tips and then a nice thick coat of Seche Vite over it.

Here's a close-up of 3 of my fingers (once again, please ignore the lack of clean-up). It kind of looks like a water marble drag type look. I hadn't even planned it this way, but each band of zigzags ended up on each color and looked really awesome.





My eye look was created with the Stila Color Wheel. I tried sorta matching my eyes with the blue light to darker look. I used Mary Kate and Ashley blue eyeliner and L'Oreal Mascara.




Look with eyes opened :)

No comments:

Post a Comment