Sunday, May 5, 2013

Seven Deadly Sins Nail Art Challenge: Lust

I've started to get involved in more nail art challenges lately. It has really made me think outside the box and try to do nail art that I may never have come up with on my own.

This challenge is called the Seven Deadly Sins Nail Art Challenge. Each of the seven sins has 2 different days to choose from (or you could do all 14, but I choose to stick with 1 for each sin). It has already challenged me to be more creative in my manicures.

The Challenge was presented by Alice of One Nail To Rule Them All, and Helena of Nail Wish.

Here's the infographic they created to show the order and ideas:

The first Deadly Sin is lust and the one I chose out of the two options is: "Be a bad girl and make something that you have wanted to do so badly." The first thing that immediately came to my mind was a gradient manicure. I've never done one, but have REALLY wanted to try one out.

I decided to try a flame-inspired gradient mani and this is what I came up with:



Base of AEngland Perceval and to create the "gradient effect" I used Kleancolor Mettalic Sapphire with a full-nail stamp that looked similar to flames ( i had to make due with what I got) from BM16.

BM16

    
RA-118
Taking Kleancolor Mettalic Mango, I used the lower tri-flower image on RA-118 to create more of the "gradient" look. It had a gradient effect going, even though it's not a normal sponged gradient (I don't have sponges available yet).

SH-09
Then, I took the female with a pitchfork image from SH-09 and AEngland Camelot to stamp in the middle of each nail to create the fiery look!

Here's a close-up of the thumb to see the effect more:





What do you think? Are you participating in the Seven Deadly Sins Challenge too?





No comments:

Post a Comment