Friday, May 17, 2013

Seven Deadly Sins Nail Art Challenge: Gluttony - Cocktail Hour!!

My nails today represent a cocktail hour during springtime. I really love the end result, it looks so Florida to me and my husband thinks it also looks sort of like some sort of ceramic piece/pattern.

This is the second part of the Seven Deadly Sins Challenge: Gluttony.
I am only doing one day for each of the weekly challenges. I chose to do "Skip your diet and paint something that makes your stomach growl." I love drinking slushy drinks (usually non-alcoholic) and enjoy a glass of wine every once in a while.

I thought this would be a cute spring manicure to do for the challenge.








I started with a base of Funky Fingers Daiquiri on Deck (very fitting for a  cocktail theme, right?) and then did different stamping on each nail.


Starting with the pinky, I put a coat of Funky Fingers Neon Green Crackle first and then used BM-05 to stamp the grape design with China Glaze Virtual Violet. I did the same thing for all nails on both hands.

BM-05

The ring finger has Glitter Gal 24 Carat stamped with RA-107 and the sort of water-marbled look design. Then, I stamped the same design again with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City followed by another stamp with Glitter Gal 24 Carat. I offset each one to give a holographic design effect to the nail.

RA-107

The middle finger has the flourish in the lower left corner of BM-224 stamped with OPI Did It On Em (I thought this image looked sort of like a citrus rind). Then, I stamped  BM-208 first with OPI Green-Wich Village and then Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City to give a shadowy effect (I thought this could be mint leaves).

BM-208

BM-224

The index finger is first stamped with the citrus image from BM-209 and Funky Fingers Ectoplasmic. Then, I stamped the leafy image from BM-05 with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City.

BM-209

The thumb has a wine theme going on (might have to do this as a full manicure someday, my husband really liked it). I started with the grapevine and leaf image from RA-115 stamped with OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down the Window. I really like that color for the grape-leaves and it stamped really well too. I then used the grape image again from BM-05 with China Glaze Virtual Violet.

RA-115




 
 
I fished it all off with Seche Vite topcoat and really enjoy the end result. What do you think?






1 comment: