Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ruby Slippers Inspired Wizard of Oz Manicure

This week's challenge was to create a stamping manicure inspired a favorite pair of shoes. The first thing that came to mind was Dorothy's ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz. I have always loved how sparkly those shoes are and comfortable looking. I have actually seen the shoes at the Smithsonian museum in Washington, DC as well. (if I can find my photo, I will update this post with it)



I started with a base of Wet n Wild the Wonder Yellows. I then took BM-208 and Funky Fingers Black Knight to stamp the shattered lines onto the lower part of my nails.


Then, I used Kleancolor Red Alert to do a funky french design and topped it off with L.A. Girls Glitter Addict in Animate to create the "ruby slipper" appearance.

I love how this manicure turned out! Have you ever done a manicure inspired by shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment