Monday, October 24, 2011

October Poker with OPI Absolutely Alice

I used Icing Gargoyle as the base. It is a matte grey. Great for a Halloween poker manicure. Every few months or so my group of friends get together and we have a fun night of poker. It's a $5 buy-in and I usually lose it all by the end of the night, but I actually won $0.40 last time! LOL I only had 30 minutes or so before the evening began, and this is the manicure I did.


I then used the Fauxnad Big Plate B I got on eBay and used Konad white to stamp on the image of the playing cards. I this this in order to fill in the white background so the cards would like white on my nail. I then took Icing Chrome Navy Blue to stamp on the image of the playing cards over where I painted in the white. This was my first time doing this and I learned a few things. First, make sure the bottom color is dry (I got a smear on my other thumb). Second, try to line it up better. And, third, make sure to do the scraping more accurately. I ended up with some of the blue over the white.



I then took OPI Absolutely Alice (which I recently acquired and REALLY wanted to try) and put it on my accent nail. This is a close-up to see the pretty glitteriness!


And a close-up of the Icing matte Gargoyle. See the little hint of shimmer? Makes the grey have some nice depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment