Saturday, July 2, 2011

More Patriotic Nails


I just did this design the other day. I wanted to try something different other than drawing a flag, but still maintaining the allusion.




I first painted all my nails with Revlon Powder Puff. It took about 3 coats to get it opaque enough because this is a rather sheer polish. It has some nice shimmer in it as well. I then took Sinful Colors Midnight Blue and stamped on the star background with B39 image plate. I followed that up with Art Deco silver glitter striper to even out the bottom of the french tips designs. I put on a layer of Seche Vite and was going to leave it at that, but knew it was really missing something. So, when my husband came home from work he suggested I add the red lines. I used Sinful Colors Be My Valentine red striper polish and applied it with a nail brush. This was my first attempt at using a nail art brush, hopefully I can get better at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment