Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

My manicure for 4th of July is all red, white and blue. I'm actually really proud of this one. I decided to go all out and this is what it turned into.


Here is a close-up of my thumbs. I did that with nail art brushes and it turned out better than I had expected. The way I found to steady my hands easier was to rest the finger on the table and also rest my hand while moving the nail art brush. This helped tremendously!





The products that I used were:


-Blue is Sinful Colors Midnight Blue


-Red is Sinful Colors Striper polish


-On thumbs and ring fingers I used OPI Alpine Snow Matte


-On the pinky, pointer and middle fingers I used Revlon Powder Puff for the white


-Red crackle is Sally Hansen Crackle overcoat in Cherry Smash


-Blue crackle is Sally Hansen Crackle overcoat in Distressed Denim


-The holographic glitter polish on the ring fingers is Funky Fingers Baby Baby Baby from their recent Justin Bieber collection


-Topped off with a coat of Seche Vite








I must say that I like the Sally Hansen crackles. The color is bright and it is thinner than the China Glaze and OPI versions. It cracks nicely as well. I put a thin coat of each on the nail and those are the types of cracks I got.








Here is my eye of the day (EOTD). I used the Coastal Scents 88 pallette and a Revlon white color for the highlight. I even got compliments! :) I used blue eyeliner and put some Victoria's Secret glitter eyeliner in areas too (but you can't really see that in the photo).





No comments:

Post a Comment