Thursday, July 14, 2011

China Glaze Crackle Haul and Swatches!


These are the ones I was able to get at Sally's. It was my first time visiting and have visited lots since. They didn't have the Black Mesh one, so I got 2 of the pink hoping to maybe trade it for black. The last one on the end there is actually a clearance of Ick-a-Body from the Halloween 2010 Collection.


This is the pink crackle called Broken Hearted. It is very bright and dries like a neon. It's probably one of my favorites, but that's because pink is my favorite color!



In this closeup shot, you can see how it cracks and that is is a pretty opaque shade. I included close-ups of each of the crackles to show how opaque they are and how well they crack.






This is the grey crackle called Cracked Concrete. It is a nice color and aptly named!


The cracks are nice and clear and the polish is also opaque.



This is the light blue crackle called Crushed Candy. Along with the pink one, this is my favorite in the collection. I really like this color and it's nice and bright!



Here is an up-close look. Looks sort of like a lake :)



Here is the purple crackle called Fault Line. Most people online complained that it did not crack as easily as the others. I think it depends on the thickness of the coat. The polish itself was VERY thick which makes it harder to apply.



This close-up shows all the cracks and that it isn't as bad as it's reputation would have one believe.




The white crackle is called Lightening Bolt. It ould be great in a Halloween or even Christmas look, but I don't think everyday looks would be easy to pull off with this one.



This close-up shows the opaqueness of this polish. It is over a light green color, and you can still see it coming through in the white. I think this would be a wonderful mummy, creature, or ghost look for Halloween.


Overall, I am pretty pleased with the collection. It, along with OPI Black Shatter started the bring-back of the crackle trend. I wish there were more colors, but as each line comes out with crackle polishes more colors ARE emerging. Can't wait to try others and come up with new ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Do you like the China Glaze Crackles better than the OPI? My OPI Black Shatter dried up and I was thinking about going for a more inexpensive one. Like your blog btw! COme check out mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both. I really like the OPI Silver Shatter, but also like the selection China Glaze has. I hope my black shatter doesn't dry up! I will def check out your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete